Professor Gazzard is offsetting all carbon from conference travel so that Private Practice and Academic work is all ‘Carbon Neutral’ for travel, with offsets, from this year. This is in line with UCL policy of zero landfill and carbon neutrality.
- Read about UCL commitment to be carbon neutral as per policy here.
- Read about United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13 – Climate Action here.
Professor Gazzard achieves this by offsetting travel through:
- Woodland Trust – UK charity that creates, protects and restores native woodlands.
- The Great Reserve – tree-planting in the UK of giant Sequoias and native trees for carbon capture.
- The Great Reserve is verified via Treeconomy – organisation that monitors and measures carbon removal.